I am not one of those gooey-eyed dog lovers. I have had a dog for the past 18 years and I have loved all three—they were and are incredibly sweet. We’ve been lucky in that department. Mostly, I love watching the dogs. Animal behavior can bring a smile to my face even on the worst of days. They just do the darndest things. They don’t worry about looking stupid, or eating too much, or getting dirty, farting in public, drooling, snoozing and just lazing about on a rainy day. They live in the moment and each one is new. They love watching helicopters and trying to catch butterflies. They don’t care about that the definition of Insanity is “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” Albert Einstein They still try to climb that sixty foot tree to get that damn squirrel.
So here’s today’s list of reasons why it would be nice to be a dog (or at least my dog).
1. Rolling in the mud looks like a lot of fun
2. Getting my hair washed on a regular basis by someone with great hands and fingers
3. Getting my hair washed and blown dry because I have rolled in the mud
4. Getting what I want without saying a word
5. Getting a new meal just by standing in front of my bowl and refusing to eat what’s in it
6. Getting a back rub or a belly rub just by rolling over
7. Leaving a room without having to say where I am going
8. Farting and not looking up to see if anyone noticed it was me
9.Running from room to room to blow off steam
10. Loving and getting love unconditionally
Some days it just looks so much easier to be the family dog : )
Share and Enjoy