Exploration and transition are not dirty words! They are not the words of confused people in chaos. In fact they are the words of healthy, courageous souls who understand that men And women will have as many as 12 different careers in their lifetime.
Consider the average woman of good health – Age 50-55 . Her “average” life expectancy is between 80 – 85 years of age and with a little TLC she will live into her 90’s. Most likely, she won’t be running marathons after 80 but more and more women are starting their lives in midlife–taking up sports, writing books, starting businesses, going back to school, adopting children—Actress Diane Keaton did in in her 50’s, the list goes on.
Remember these women:
-Mary Kay started her business when she was 45 years-old with a $5,000 investment.
-Grandma Moses started painting at 70 years of age. By the time Grandma Moses died at the age of 101, she had created 1600 works of art.
-Author and activist Maya Angelou was nominated for a Pulitzer prize when she was 44-years-old in 1972 for her collection of poetry, Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water ‘fore I Diiie.
Each of us forty-somethings can go on to do wonderful things in this next chapter of our lives.
What Coaching isn’t!
Coaching isn’t about fixing a problem because deciding what you want and learning how to get there doesn’t need fixing.
- You need a guide with a map.
- You need to plan your route
- You need to have definitive structured check in points.
- You need to learn how to change directions if you determine one path doesn’t work for you and can’t get you where you need to go.
This doesn’t mean you know exactly what you want or if you do, you may not know the path to get there
All of the coaching I do is for women in Midlife with a concentration in the following areas: Check out the individual pages for more information on each area.
- Exploring Chapter Two of your life
- Relationship Coaching – Getting the most out of the relationship(s) you are in or learning how to find new ones
- Creativity Coaching– Exploring your yearnings to be an artist, poet, writer, dancer, actor, singer. It’s coaching you to let get of your inner censors and sing, dance and paint from your heART.